Friday, September 11, 2015

Salt Seedai / Uppu Seedai


Krishna Jayanthi festival brings immense pleasure to me, as I consider my 2 little boys to be Krishnas :-)
So do I make all the ' Palaharam ' loved by God Krishna.
And these Salt Seedais also are 1 among them.
Initial years, I had struggle lots while making them, as they will become soggy, soft or not crunchy.
Took many years before I got them perfectioned.
The recipe below is my success portion for the cruncy cruk cruk cruk Salt Seedais :-)
Wishing all Happy Krishna Jayanthi.



Ingredients :

Raw Rice - 1 cup
Urad Dal Flour - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Pepper Corns ( optional )




Method :

Soak the rice for 4 hours.
Drain the rice, let all the water gets missed and the rice is well dried.
Take a mortar and powder the rice.
The rice flour should be well powdered and very refined.
With all the above ingredients, mixed well together with the help of water, make a stiff dough.
Ball them finely.
Dip in hot oil and deep fry them.










No comments:

Post a Comment