Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Carrot Wheat Crackers


The snacks side on, with a crunchy, tasty, superb, and 'in no time' ready to munch!!!
I was super excited when i made these as my kids were waiting for some Mummy's magic!!!
Magic ingredient was the theme me and my son agreed with and here i go in full round to make these..















All the stuffs i collected to make these include:
3/4th cup Wheat Flour ; 1/4th cup Besan Flour
1/4 cup Grated Carrot or any veg of your choice ( & this carrot is my magic ingredient :-) )
1/4 tsp Turmeric Pdr, 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/3 tsp Sombu Seeds, Salt to taste
Few drops of Ghee and Few drops of Refined Oil
Little water. Hot Oil.

First I mixed all the dry ingredients together.
Then I added the grated carrot and stirred well.
3rd, I added the ghee and oil and made like crumbs with the spoon.
Then i added water little by little carefully as i wanted a thick dough.
Once the dough was ready which was as thick as possible, i left it to sit for some 20 mins at the max.






After 20 minutes, I heated oil.
Parallely made lemon size balls out of the dough.
And like the way we spread the Chapathi dough, i spread these balls into thin spreads.
The spread was as thin as possible so my crackers will be most crispy.




Done with spreading, now i slit horizontal and vertical lines with the help of a knife.
You can make a square cuts or triangular cuts or diamond cuts.
Dip them in hot oil.
Do not over fry.
Check if they are cooked properly and at the same time not too dark in color.
Adjust the heat of the oil accordingly.

Serve them with Tomato ketchup and you can see your kids run and hug and kiss you..

But they can never find the secret ingredient, I mean my magic ingredient.
When i said there are carrots inside, my son hardly believed :-)

Whereas the vegetables that has strong flavor and taste like cabbage may be idenetified by them!!!

1 comment: